Tue, 28 Nov|
Milk Price Hedging – What is it all about?
Locking in your milk price through hedging – an informational talk on how it works and how you can practically use it in your farming business
Time & Location
28 Nov 2023, 11:30 am – 1:40 pm
Velocite Ltd, Level 7/54 Gill Street, New Plymouth Central, New Plymouth 4310, New Zealand
About the Event
Do you want to learn how to manage the volatility of farm gate milk prices, providing more certainty as to your income?
If so, you are invited to join our event on hedging strategies for dairy farmers. In this talk, you will learn about:
- Market Forces: What is driving milk prices? Who is trading futures? What drives the market?
- Reflection: Hedging opportunities and learnings from the 2022-2023 season
- Hedging Options: What tools are available to your farming business, how they work, how they compare.
- Funding Required: What costs and cashflow requirements are involved with the various tools available.
- Hedging Strategies: Discussion on various approaches and what you might consider for your business.
This event will help you gain a better understanding of the milk hedging market and the hedging options available to you. You will also have a chance to interact with our presenters and other attendees, ask questions, and share your experiences and insights.
Register now and join us for this informative and practical talk. Numbers limited.
- Time for a Q&A session
- Light lunch will be provided by Velocite.
Mark your calendars and join us for this essential exploration of the dairy industry's financial landscape. Please arrive 15 min prior to the presentation
Presenters: Sam Tremain (Jarden) and Jordan Hartley-Smith (Velocite)